In addition to the MKG Board, The Madison Knitters Guild has many committees and positions to manage the multitude of MKG activities. Click on a committee or position name below to see job duties.
To contact a committee, please use our contact form and select the appropriate committee or position name from the category list. Your message will be routed to the correct committee. Alternatively, click on "contact this committee" at the end of the committee's description below.
MKG Committees and Positions - Job Duties
- Solicit advertising for newsletter.
- Work with newsletter committee as needed.
- Schedule vendors for Guild meetings (Sept-April).
- Update website with advertiser and vendor information.
Contact this committee
- At Home
- Add yarn ties to paper tags
- Look for free pattern for use in newsletter
- Mend or finish a project
- Test a new pattern or make a sample for community table
- Submit pattern for kits and newsletter
- Test a new pattern or make a sample of published pattern
- At Guild Meetings
- Assist at community table: set-up, cashier, pack up
- Assist with December sale: set-up, cashier, pack up, etc
- Assist with preparation of "Ready to Knit" kits (usually Saturday morning)
- Deliver knit items to local agency
- Occasional or one time pick up of donations
- Assist with December Sale preparation, bagging or pricing yarn (Saturday)
- Request free baggies from local stores
- Teaching Adults or Children to Knit
- Consider signing up for a fun and rewarding time teaching kids to knit. You will be supported by others with strategies and materials provided. Times vary with requests.
- Consider assisting adults with learning to knit or support a knitting group. Requests vary each year.
- Signing up is not a commitment. You will be contacted as needs arise and can commit on a case by case basis.
- Staff the Hospitality Table:
- Welcome meeting attendees
- Facilitate door prize sign-up
- Distribute and collect event registrations
- Provide directions
- Sell fundraising items
- Distribute advertising flyers
- Show and Tell
- Encourage participation
- Organize sign-up
- Collect project information slips
- End of Year Party
- Arrange catering
- Organize member sale (an opportunity for members to sell knitting-related items from their personal collections)
- Brown Bag Exchange
- Organize all aspects of the exchange
(Each October, participants bring yarn appropriate for the chosen project type in an opaque bag, then trade bags with another participant. All participants take a bag of yarn home, knit the designated project, and bring it to the May meeting. The person who submitted the yarn receives a project made from that yarn.)
Knit Along (KAL)
Contact this committee.
Contact this committee.